Outdoor Service Guides (OSG) is an inclusive, co-ed, outdoor, and service-focused scouting organization in the United States. The organization was founded in the early 2000s and has served as a safe space for all scouts to grow, learn, and be of service to their communities in the years since.
- We strive to be radically inclusive and have from the beginning. We want to bring the magic of scouting to everyone and make the game of scouting something everyone can enjoy.
- We are closely based on the original vision of scouting. This means we wear uniforms, go outside, teach kids outdoor skills, learn to be self-reliant and part of a team, and celebrate scouts for doing their best.
- We are run and managed by volunteers. We are a group of dedicated families working together to make great things happen for our families and communities. It’s all for the love of the game.
- We have a narrow focus: scout craft and service. We do these two things with passion and we do them extremely well.
- We are community-oriented and family-friendly. We have appropriate space for every member of a family who wants to scout.
- We empower youth, building confidence through outdoor skills and encouraging teamwork and leadership.
- We also foster a devotion to service where these skills are used to better our communities and develop a sense of belonging and citizenship in our communities.
Outdoor Service Guides is a member of the World Federation of Independent Scouts (WFIS). For more information, please visit: https://outdoorserviceguides.org/